Architect – Evansville/Indianapolis
Job Title: Architect
Department: Production / Architecture / Design
Location: Evansville or Indianapolis, Indiana
Full-time, Mid-Senior Level
Established in 1960, VPS Architecture is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) design firm with offices in Indianapolis and Evansville, Indiana. Our team serves the unique needs of each individual client with a collaborative approach to experiences and emotional connections to place. VPS practices all phases of architectural design, including concept, construction documentation and project administration. We do not limit ourselves to the design of the building only, but encompass the language of the site and location, the culture and aesthetic of the user and the impact of the building on future development.
Summary: The primary role of this position is to provide architectural design support to Principals of the firm which includes, but is not limited to, programming, design development, construction documents and administration. This role will also be responsible for developing new business as well as talent and engagement within the office.
- Attend project planning and programming meetings to ensure understanding of design intent
- Oversee the production of drawings and specifications
- Engage in the project so as to inform the cost of constructability
- Write or coordinate code analysis with code consultant
- Proof work produced for projects to ensure quality meets or exceeds client objectives
- Perform construction administration duties
- Perform other miscellaneous responsibilities related to project management and client coordination
- Create a culture of ownership on project staffing, delivery and client engagement
- Represent company to clients, peer organizations and business associates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Professional licensure in Architecture (NCARB certificate preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Project Management focused on K-12, Higher Education or Healthcare preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD/REVIT
Please fill out the following form to express your interest in this position. Please have a PDF of your résumé and any other relevant documents on hand to upload at the end of the application form.