Project Manager / Architectural Detailer
Job Title: Project Manager/Architectural Detailer
Reports to: Principals, Architects
Location: Evansville or Indianapolis, Indiana
Full-time, Mid-Senior Level
Established in 1960, VPS Architecture is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) design firm with offices in Indianapolis and Evansville, Indiana. Our team serves the unique needs of each individual client with a collaborative approach to experiences and emotional connections to place. VPS practices all phases of architectural design, including concept, construction documentation and project administration. We do not limit ourselves to the design of the building only but encompass the language of the site and location, the culture and aesthetic of the user and the impact of the building on future development.
Summary: The primary role of this position is to provide architectural design support to Principals and Architects of the firm which includes, but is not limited to, production of project documents and management of projects to meet or exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Attend project planning and programming meetings to ensure understanding of design intent
- Design planning including, but not limited to, floor plans, building elevations, sections and site work
- Communicate, troubleshoot and assist other team members as needed on projects
- Coordinate the production of project drawings
- Verify existing conditions if needed prior to construction design phase
- Review, verify, and update construction documents
- Coordinate projects with external design consultants (specifically Structural, MEP, and Civil Engineers)
- Proof work produced for projects to ensure quality meets or exceeds client objectives
- Perform construction administration duties as required in support of Principals or Architects
- Perform other miscellaneous responsibilities related to project management and client coordination
- Represent company to clients, peer organizations and business associates
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree (with relevant experience) in Architecture or Building Science
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Project Management focused on K-12, Higher Education or Healthcare preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD/REVIT
Please fill out the following form to express your interest in this position. Please have a PDF of your résumé and any other relevant documents on hand to upload at the end of the application form.